Monday, August 30, 2010

Just What I Needed!

As I am preparing for an INCREDIBLY busy September, I'm beginning to get a little bit overwhelmed, waking at 2am, making mental lists in my head, not able to sleep. Not good for a Monday morning. And of course, as God knows each of us intimately, knows exactly what we need and when we need it, I open my devotions this morning to this verse.

Psalms 116:7 Return to your rest, O my soul, for the LORD has dealt bountifully with you.

There is a LOT going on right now. God continues to supply our every single need. (I didn't say wants, I said NEEDS) And then sometimes he blesses us with a want, just because he loves us SO much. But he knows my every thought...he knows how to speak to me...and he's reminding me to rest. One foot in front of the other. One step at a time. HE will accomplish what needs to be done. HE will finish the GOOD work he's begun in me. THANK YOU LORD!!!

1 comment:

tammy said...

Love you!! Praying for you as you remember to rest during your busy season. :)