Monday, August 11, 2008

Where did you think you'd be?

The Pioneer Woman asked the other day “How does your life compare to the plans, dreams, and expectations you had ten, twenty years ago?”

The responses have been thought-provoking. Joyful, disappointed, heartwrenching....so many stories to read.....

Here was my response.

My life is good. It hasn’t been easy, and I still make mistakes, but I like to believe that I’ve grown through those mistakes and they don’t happen daily now…just weekly. 20 years ago I was getting ready to marry the father of the child I was 4 months pregnant with. Now I’m married to the love of my life. It’s the same man I married almost 20 years ago, but God has blessed us, and drawn us together more deeply than I could have ever known. That child, our daughter, has grown into a beautiful woman of God who has attainable goals, incredible dreams and high hopes for her own future. We couldn’t be more proud of her.
10 years ago we were preparing for the biggest ride of our lives. We thought it was the birth and adventure of raising our long awaited triplets. It was, in fact, the birth and death of our sweet precious babies.
8 years ago we welcomed our son into the world…the world that told us that we’d never have any other children. God proved them wrong.
Not the life I ever in a million years dreamed of as I was growing up, but much, much more. Through heartaches and trials, laughter and joy, we’ve persevered. Life isn’t easy……but it’s good……and I’m so deeply thankful and blessed.

No comments: